Sunday, October 31, 2010

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

YAY! It's my second wedding anniversary! I'm still just as in love and happy with my husband as I was the day I married him.

Last night we threw a party for our friends here at my house, and I had a very good turnout. I spent most of the evening drunk, but it was a damn good evening! Everyone told me that they had a good time, and they all liked the food we served. My costume was a huge success, which is kind of normal for me. Everyone gets amazed when you make your own costume.

Unfortunately, I did not get enough time to finish my socks, so you're going to have to wait a few more days to see them. But in the meantime, check out my FANTASTIC costume:






I might be a fatty, but I'm a damn cute one!

I made the red top, the brown skirt, the yellow sash/overskirt, and the necklaces myself. The corset I've had for years now, the wig I got off of eBay, and the headscarf I borrowed from my mother-in-law. The cute little shrug I'm wearing was crocheted by my friend Laurel. She had made it for herself, but it ended up being too big for her, so she handed it off to me. Let this be a lesson, sometimes (only sometimes) gauge DOES matter. She ended up making another one for herself, but followed the directions for a smaller size. I actually did not plan on using the shrug, but as I was cleaning the house yesterday, I saw it and thought, 'That would look so good,' and it did! 

I hope everyone has a good Halloween!

9 comments:

  1. halloween parties are the best, hands down. glad you had a good party :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your costume is awesome. Your color choices were excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotta find my camera cord so I can upload stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why but you look like a Fable 3 character! I really love the primary colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaw congrats on your anniversary! You are a gorgeous gypsy, and very talented seamtress/knitter ~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your costume is great and you are not a fatty. You have lost so much weight. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grats on the wedding anniversary! Mine was the 20th of October and I totally forgot it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're damn right, you're cute! I love the knit bolero you've got on :O

    And congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete